Shock & Electrocution http://ecmweb.com/taxonomy/term/6642/more en Company Fined $110,000 in Death of Electrocuted Worker http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/company-fined-110000-death-electrocuted-worker <div class="node-body article-body">Ideal Drain Tile Ltd. pleaded guilty and was fined $110,000 in the death of a worker who was working alone and received a fatal electrical shock.</div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/company-fined-110000-death-electrocuted-worker" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/company-fined-110000-death-electrocuted-worker#comments Shock & Electrocution News Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:18:00 +0000 131841 at http://ecmweb.com Electrician Shocked on Scissor Lift While Working on Sign http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/electrician-shocked-scissor-lift-while-working-sign <div class="node-body article-body">An electrician survived a serious shock while working on a sign in front of a market in Tennessee.</div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/electrician-shocked-scissor-lift-while-working-sign" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/electrician-shocked-scissor-lift-while-working-sign#comments Shock & Electrocution Around the Circuit Fri, 18 Dec 2015 15:36:00 +0000 130711 at http://ecmweb.com AntonMatveev/iStock/Thinkstock Basler Electric Recalls Transformers Due to Fire, Shock Hazards http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/basler-electric-recalls-transformers-due-fire-shock-hazards <div class="node-body article-body">Shock and fire hazards present in electrical transformers are prompting a recall from Basler Electric.</div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/basler-electric-recalls-transformers-due-fire-shock-hazards" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/basler-electric-recalls-transformers-due-fire-shock-hazards#comments Shock & Electrocution News Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:42:00 +0000 130681 at http://ecmweb.com LED Lamps Recalled Due to Electrical Shock Hazard http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/led-lamps-recalled-due-electrical-shock-hazard <div class="node-body article-body">LED lamps sold at Walmart are being recalled for an electrical shock hazard.</div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/led-lamps-recalled-due-electrical-shock-hazard" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/led-lamps-recalled-due-electrical-shock-hazard#comments Lighting & Control Shock & Electrocution Fri, 11 Dec 2015 15:12:00 +0000 130371 at http://ecmweb.com Couple Electrocuted at Playacar Hotel http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/couple-electrocuted-playacar-hotel <div class="node-body article-body">Two Canadians who had arrived in the Riviera Maya for a wedding have been found dead inside their Playacar Palace hotel room. </div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/couple-electrocuted-playacar-hotel" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/couple-electrocuted-playacar-hotel#comments Shock & Electrocution Around the Circuit Thu, 12 Nov 2015 21:20:00 +0000 129441 at http://ecmweb.com Arkansas State Inmate Electrocuted in Construction Accident http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/arkansas-state-inmate-electrocuted-construction-accident <div class="node-body article-body">An Arkansas Department of Correction inmate died Monday afternoon in a construction accident at the department's Ester Unit in Pine Bluff. </div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/arkansas-state-inmate-electrocuted-construction-accident" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/arkansas-state-inmate-electrocuted-construction-accident#comments Shock & Electrocution Around the Circuit Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:58:00 +0000 129401 at http://ecmweb.com Contractor Electrocuted at Indiana High School http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/contractor-electrocuted-indiana-high-school <div class="node-body article-body">A contracted electrical worker suffered a fatal electric shock at a high school in Fairmount, Indiana, earlier this week.</div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/contractor-electrocuted-indiana-high-school" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/contractor-electrocuted-indiana-high-school#comments Shock & Electrocution Around the Circuit Fri, 30 Oct 2015 03:18:00 +0000 129081 at http://ecmweb.com Worker Electrocuted at Site of HGTV Dream Home http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/worker-electrocuted-site-hgtv-dream-home <div class="node-body article-body">A man working on a boat dock at the site of the HGTV Dream Home giveaway in Florida last week was electrocuted before falling into the Indian River Lagoon.</div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/worker-electrocuted-site-hgtv-dream-home" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/worker-electrocuted-site-hgtv-dream-home#comments Shock & Electrocution Around the Circuit Fri, 16 Oct 2015 16:19:00 +0000 128571 at http://ecmweb.com This Merritt Island home will be completely gutted and remodeled during renovations by HGTV. Pictured is an exterior view of the back of the house before renovations. HGTV Electrician Electrocuted on the Job in Connecticut http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/electrician-electrocuted-job-connecticut <div class="node-body article-body">An electrician working in the laser tag area at an entertainment facility in Connecticut was removing light fixtures this week when he was electrocuted.</div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/electrician-electrocuted-job-connecticut" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/electrician-electrocuted-job-connecticut#comments Shock & Electrocution Around the Circuit Thu, 03 Sep 2015 17:44:00 +0000 126981 at http://ecmweb.com Chicken Processor Exposes Workers to Electrocution Hazards, OSHA Finds http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/chicken-processor-exposes-workers-electrocution-hazards-osha-finds <div class="node-body article-body">For employees at a leading supplier of chicken to national fast food and supermarket brands, the dangers of amputation, electrocution and hazardous falls are all in a day's work.</div> <div class="og_rss_groups"></div><p><a href="http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/chicken-processor-exposes-workers-electrocution-hazards-osha-finds" target="_blank">read more</a></p> http://ecmweb.com/shock-electrocution/chicken-processor-exposes-workers-electrocution-hazards-osha-finds#comments Shock & Electrocution Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:22:00 +0000 126441 at http://ecmweb.com