The man was lying on top of a generator and working on a light fixture high in the air.
A worker was electrocuted while working on a light at a Walmart in Lake Charles, La., last week. The Lake Charles Fire Chief said when firefighters arrived on the scene, the worker was still being shocked and had been for some time.
According to a report from KPLC News, the man was lying on top of a generator and working on a light fixture high in the air. The incident did not happen inside the store, so no customers or employees witnessed it.
EMS officials were called first but they couldn’t reach the man. That’s when the fire department was called. The man was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Charles Crowson, senior manager of Walmart corporate communications, released the following statement: “Our thoughts go out to the family and loved ones of this worker accidentally killed at our store. We’ll continue assisting investigators, as they determine what happened.”