The man was working on the electric system in the ceiling at an office building in Rockville when he came in contact with an energized conductor.
Maryland first responders brought an electrician back to life after he was shocked while on the job last week. The man was working on the electric system in the ceiling at an office building in Rockville when he came in contact with an energized line.
According to a report from an NBC News affiliate in Washington, the electrician's coworkers kicked the ladder he was standing on out from under him to break him free from the electrical source. This was done to prevent anyone else from getting electrocuted.
When the ambulance arrived, the man had been dead for at least five minutes. He wasn’t breathing, so the paramedics used a defibrillator to get his heart beating again.
“Once we applied the AED, it was determined that the patient needed to be shocked,” an EMS first responder said. “We then shocked the patient with the defibrillator and he was able to breathe on his own, and we were able to get a pulse back.”
The victim was rushed the hospital where he was able to recover.