The shock caused star-shaped cataracts in the electrician's eyes.
An electrician's eyes were damaged, leaving star-shaped cataracts after he received a tremendous shock from a work-related incident. The 42-year-old electrician's left shoulder contacted 14,000 V of electricity, according to a report on Live Science. The current passed throught his entire body, including the optical nerve.
The case was featured on the Live Science site because of the image of the eye damage. The shock caused star-shaped cataracts in the electrician's eyes.
"The optic nerve is similar to any wire that conducts electricity," said Dr. Bobby Korn, an associate professor of clinical ophthalmology at the University of California, San Diego, who treated the patient. "In this case, the extreme current and voltage that passed through this important natural wire caused damage to the optic nerve itself," Korn said....(Live Science)