Q. Can I make splices, taps, or install feed-through conductors in a panel? A. Cabinets, cutout boxes, and meter socket enclosures can be used for conductors as feeding through, spliced, or tapping off to other enclosures, switches, or overcurrent devices where all of the following conditions are met [312.8]: • The total area of the conductors at any cross section doesn’t exceed 40% of the cross-sectional area of the space (Figure). • The total area of conductors, ...

Website Registration Required to Access this Content

Only registered users have access to Silver content.

Registration on EC&M allows you exclusive access to high value content centered around proprietary research, expert NEC analysis and in-depth technical procedures.

Already registered? here.