Q. We had a new swimming pool installed at our house, and the electricians ran a cable to the pool equipment room panel. Is this legal?

A. No. Feeder conductors to a panelboard for a permanently installed pool must be installed in rigid metal conduit, intermediate metal conduit, liquidtight flexible nonmetallic conduit, or PVC conduit. Electrical metallic tubing is permitted where installed on or within a building, and electrical nonmetallic tubing is permitted where installed within a building [680.25(A)].