In a letter today, the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) congratulated President Obama on his reelection.
“We join with you in the goal to save energy, save lives, and build the economy of this great nation,” said NEMA President and CEO Evan Gaddis. “Building energy efficiencies across America’s critical systems will help meet these goals.”
NEMA looks forward to working with the administration on a number of opportunities to provide America energy savings, increased productivity, and economic growth. A few of them include:
- Smart Grid is America’s power grid of the future. But it needs to be built today. In it are opportunities where these efficiencies can be gained, while creating smart infrastructure, ensuring reliability, resiliency, and safety. Expedited approval of transmission lines will assist in this step forward.
- High Performance Buildings can turn commercial buildings into connected, well-managed energy consumers.
- Industrial Energy Efficiency will drive business savings, growth, and reduce energy significantly, pushing businesses along toward increased jobs across the country.
- Residential Energy Efficiency saves American’s money by saving on their utility bills. They get the same product benefits without the high costs.
- Tax and Regulatory Reform will ensure costs and burdens do not stand in the way of manufacturers lifting the country to its feet.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems drive less congested roadways across the country, lowering emissions, drive time, while increasing productivity.
- Improving Health and Homeland Security through interoperability of products will increasingly save lives in hospitals and keep America safe through its boarders, airports, and shipping ports.
- Medical Imaging improves health, saves lives and lowers costs. It is vital that Americans have access to this equipment when they and their doctors see the need.