Raleigh, N.C. (July 15, 2002) – International Power Machines (IPM), part of the Invensys Energy Management division, has announced the introduction of the BPIV uninterruptible power systems (UPS). Specifically designed for industrial applications, the BPIV is a true, double-conversion online UPS with advanced features and functionality to deliver high-9’s power to computerized process controls, electric utilities, manufacturing equipment and other industrial applications. A single BPIV module can protect loads from 10 to 30 kVA, and has paralleling for capacity up to 90kVA.
The BPIV provides the essential power infrastructure to support crucial applications in less-than-ideal operating environments. Factors such as temperature extremes, dust and dirt, high inrush loads, and even special configuration requirements were considered when designing the industrial-strength UPS.
“The introduction of the BPIV marks a major step forward for industrial UPS,” said Chris Loeffler, Product Manager for IPM. “By offering advanced features normally found only in UPSs designed for IT applications, the BPIV delivers the highest reliability and lowest cost of ownership of any product in this kVA range. The robust design allows the unit to operate flawlessly in almost any environment.”
Some of the advanced features inherent to the BPIV include:
- .9 output power factor - meets the demands of many industrial applications
- 200% intelligent overload sensing - minimizes reliance on the static switch when supporting high in-rush industrial equipment
- DC Expert Plus™ battery management system - significantly enhances battery life
- Standard dual input - provides added flexibility in installation
- Full-featured communications capability - delivers monitoring and management; ideal for remote and unmanned installations
- Patented Powerware Hot Sync® Paralleling Technology - allows paralleling for redundancy, capacity or both using the only true peer-to-peer patented paralleling technology, greatly increasing systems availability
- Digital signal processing - provides true pulse-width modulation, increasing system reliability and ensuring perfect power on the output.
All BPIV units come standard with installation and a one year ProActive Service Plan. All service is provided by factory trained, Invensys service engineers. The ProActive service plan includes:
- 7x24 Start-up, corrective maintenance, annual performance check, and remote monitoring advance service
- Annual power protection audit
- Monthly UPS performance report
- Web access to account information and site service activity