As of Friday, Dec. 21, 2012, the electrical industry members and supporters of the North Central Electrical Manufacturers Club (NCEMC) have donated more than a half-million dollars to the community since 1987. Comprised of only 185 electrical manufacturer sales representatives serving the Upper Midwest’s electrical industry, the list of NCEMC’s contributions includes:
- $331,500 in annual Robert E. Lieb Scholarships awarded annually to NCEMC members’ children that meet basic scholastic criteria and are pursuing an undergraduate degree at a college or technical school
- $134,140 in direct charity donations made throughout the years directed to its regular meeting speakers’ favorite charity, and annual cash donations to local charities at the annual NCEMC holiday party
- $32,250 in charitable donations made from the proceeds on behalf of the NCEMC sponsored annual Electrical Industry Golf Classic held every August.
This $500,000 figure does not count the following contributions of the club’s members:
- The hundreds of hours working as volunteers for the Salvation Army every holiday season working at the NCEMC-sponsored Red Kettle Krew — ringing the kettle bells on three Saturday’s every December in the Twin Cities — raising countless dollars for The Salvation Army
- The thousands of pounds of non-perishable canned food donated over the past 25 years by member attendees at the annual December NCEMC holiday party;
- The hundreds of new and unwrapped toys brought by members to the NCEMC Holiday Party
- Countless additional financial and in-kind contributions that NCEMC members have made to area organizations on their own.