After more than one year in the making, lighting control manufacturer Coopersburg, Pa.-based Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has unveiled its new Web site, which features a completely new infrastructure, search capabilities, and customizable user experiences.
Stacey Kim, director of the company's Web initiative, says that the new site was designed by and for Lutron customers. "With more than 2,000 customer interviews under our belts, we know exactly what type of information they want and how they want to see it," she says.
The site was designed with more than 25 different user groups in mind, ranging from homeowners and interior designers to builders, electrical contractors, lighting designers, and facility managers.
"The experience will be unique for everyone," says Kim, "Whether you’re a newcomer searching Lutron.com for the first time or a 10-year super user."
Features of the redesigned Web site include:
- Completely redesigned site architecture and navigation
- Polished, new look and feel
- Simplified where-to-buy process
- Consolidated technical documents, including spec sheets and installation instructions
- Improved energy savings calculator
- New LED product selection tool
- Inspirational home tour on how to use Lutron products in the home
- Content-rich press room
Phase II of the site will be launched within the year and includes expanding the site to further support Lutron's global markets as well as provide an enhanced, customized experience for a variety of customers.