Company started in 1905 by two Commonwealth Edison engineers
G&W Electric Co., Blue Island, IL, is celebrating 100 years of service in the electric power industry. The company was founded in 1905 when Commonwealth Edison engineer Harry Gear and Paul Williams had a better idea for connecting underground to overhead cables. It started out in a small machine shop in Chicago and has grown into occupying a 162,000-sq-ft manufacturing facility in Blue Island and another facility in Shanghai, China. The company offers products like cable terminations and joints from 5kV to 800kV, current limiting protectors, and load and fault interrupting switchgears.