Norwalk, Conn.-based EMCOR Group, Inc. recently announced that its Power Plant Maintenance (PPM) subsidiary has been awarded a three-year general maintenance services and construction contract with two, one-year renewable options with Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA), a Jacksonville, Fla.-based community owned utility. This is the second consecutive three-year term that PPM has been selected for this contract.
PPM will be responsible for year round services at all JEA facilities and locations, including its water and sewer plants, reclaimed water facilities, production well sites, electric production plants, labs, customer centers, buildings, and parking facilities. JEA is Florida’s largest community-owned utility — the eighth largest in the United States. Its electric systems serve over 400,000 customers; its water system serves more than 80% of water and sewer utility customers in its service area.
PPM’s scope of work includes:
- Infrastructure, grid, and environmental projects
- Fuel storage and transportation equipment services for various fuel types
- Substation, transmission, and distribution facilities maintenance
- Providing schedule, cost control, reporting and other audit systems
- Providing technical, administrative, and supervisor personnel
- Labor, material, equipment, and supplies for complete services