ABB, Lilker Associates, Pentadyne Power Corp., Traco Electronics, Summit Electric Supply
- Zurich, Switzerland-based technology group ABB recently announced a change in its organization. As of Jan. 1, 2006, the Power Technologies and Automation Technologies divisions will be eliminated, with the remaining business areas falling under separate sections: Power Products, Power Systems, Automation Products, Process Automation, and Robotics.
- In honor of its 20th anniversary, New York City-based Lilker Associates has established the Engineering with Vision scholarship at the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art. The scholarship will be awarded annually to qualified mechanical or electrical engineering students.
- Beaver Aerospace and Defense has ordered seven flywheel power systems from Pentadyne Power Corp., Chatsworth, Calif. The order is rated DX-A2 for national defense and is the first in a series of orders expected to be given to the flywheel manufacturer over the next few years.
- Traco Electronics recently appointed Wrentham, Mass.-based Power Sources Unlimited as a franchised U.S. and Canadian distributor. Power Sources may now provide technical datasheets for Tracopower products, such as its DC/DC converters and open-frame, enclosed, encapsulated, DIN-rail AC/DC power supplies.
- Summit Electric Supply recently hosted an open house at the Albuquerque service center in celebration of its 28th anniversary. The event included an ATV giveaway and was attended by more than 450 customers, vendors, and associates.