NECA, Times Microwave Systems, Siemens Building Technologies
- On Jan. 1 E. Milner Irvin III, a third-generation electrical contractor, became president of NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association). The Miami-based president and CEO of Riverside Electric plans to focus on the shortage of skilled workers and labor relations during his three-year term.
- Wallingford, Conn.-based Times Microwave Systems recently announced price increases for its LMR cables, connectors, and accessories. The 7% increase, due to the rise in material costs for metals and petrochemicals used in the manufacturing process, became effective Jan. 9.
- The 45th Space Wing of the U.S. Air Force has awarded Siemens Building Technologies, Inc. more than $4 million in two separate contracts. Siemens will install and integrate new security access and CCTV system improvements at Cape Canaveral and, under a separate contract, install a new WAN fire alarm system and three associated fire detection systems at Patrick Air Force Base.
- Las Vegas-based SmartLabs, Inc. recently partnered with electronic home-control software companies Perceptive Automation, Dallas, and Home Automated Living, Laurel, Md. Under the partnership, the software companies will add SmartLabs’ INSTEON dual-mesh home-control networking technology to home-control software.
- Red Wing, Minn.-based DBI-Sala & Protecta, manufacturer of fall-protection equipment, recently acquired Unique Concepts LTD, Winnipeg, Manitoba-based fall-protection and confined-space rescue equipment manufacturing company. The acquisition is expected to be completed in late January 2006, according to DBI-SALA Chief Executive Officer Pat Velasco.