Day & Zimmerman NPS, Smith Seckman Reid, General Electric
- Day & Zimmerman NPS (DZNPS) was recently awarded a new three-year, system-wide contract with Westar Energy. As part of the new contract, DZNPS will perform primary boiler and auxiliary systems maintenance and construction services at Westar’s seven fossil-fired power plants in eastern Kansas.
- Nashville, Tenn.-based engineering design and facility consulting firm Smith Seckman Reid recently opened a new branch office in Knoxville, Tenn. The company now has three offices in the state.
- General Electric recently cut 150 jobs at its steam turbine and generator plant in Schenectady, N.Y., and temporarily laid off another 150 employees for three to six months. The company and union have been meeting for more than four months in an effort to reduce costs in the plant’s generator division.
- The Electrical Apparatus Service Association recently honored Roland S. Boreham, Jr. as the 2005 recipient of its Exceptional Achievement and Service award. The honor recognizes an individual who has provided exceptional service to the electrical apparatus sales and service industry over a lifetime.
- Southwire recently announced the three winners of its SIMpull Savings sweepstakes and rebate program. James Bozarth, Innovative Electric, Edmond, Okla.; James Campbell, the Electric Connection, Columbus, Ohio; and Phil Edwards, Jamar Electric, San Diego, Calif., all won 60-in. Philips widescreen, hi-definition televisions.
- Hubbell Lighting recently broke ground for its new headquarters in Greenville, S.C. The 18,000-square-foot facility is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2006.