State / Province: NC
Profile Type: Job
Salary: Available upon Request
Job type: Full
Job level: Experienced
Education:Four year college degree
Employer Type: Recruiter
Description: Lead Engineering scoping teams to develop alternatives to satisfy substation needs for deliveries from the Electric Transmission System. These needs include, but are not limited to, new substations, substation modifications for capacity increases, thermal and / or voltage constraints, circuit additions, etc. Specific activities would involve project scoping, cost estimating, business case preparation, funding approval requests, extra facility calculations, customer delivery negotiations, analysis of customer delivery events such as equipment failures, voltage problems, etc.
* Bachelor of Science in Civil or Electrical Engineering.
* Registered Professional Engineer in North Carolina and South Carolina
* 5+ years experience in transmission and distribution substation design engineering and construction.
* Demonstrated knowledge of transmission and distribution substation operations.
* Demonstrated knowledge of transmission substation apparatus and equipment and their applications (i.e., transformers, breakers, capacitors, etc.).
* Demonstrated knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC).
* Demonstrated strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite Products - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills (i.e., written and verbal communication skills).
* 10+ years experience in transmission substation design engineering.
* Demonstrated knowledge of IEEE Standard 80 Guide in AC Substation Grounding.
* Demonstrated knowledge of insulation coordination and arrester protection.
* Demonstrated experience using engineering economic analysis.
* Demonstrated strong project management skills.
Contact: Craig Stephens
Company Name: High Voltage Careers
Email Address: Craig@HighVoltageCareers.com
Phone Number: 1-972-623-3970
Fax Number: 1-972-623-3245