What kind of equipment data and history do you have in your computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)? Have you just entered data to fill in the blanks, or have you thought about the kind of information you can use to:
- Order the correct replacement parts?
- See which drawings, manuals, spec sheets, and other documents are associated with that equipment?
- Track, trend, and predict replacements of parts based on actual condition assessed during scheduled PMs?
- Export failure causes to Excel for Pareto analysis and followup on the most costly causes?
- Answer other questions that allow you to shorten repair windows?