OnQ Technologies, Harrisburg, Pa., recently introduced a new video system to distribute cable television (CATV), digital satellite services (DSS), and CEBus external/internal video signals through the home.
Signals can be transmitted at speeds up to 1 GHz or 2 GHz, providing home buyers with high-quality, high-speed access to internal and external video at a reasonable price. The system includes:
• A DSS diplex filter module, which distributes DSS throughout the home by sending signals to up to two receivers over a single coaxial cable.
• A DSS four-way multiswitch, which distributes DSS signals to up to four receivers over a single coaxial cable.
• CEBus video modules, which are used in conjunction with the OnQ Passive Video modules to distribute external/internal video signals to TV outlets.
• Passive video modules for two-way transmission, which allows for the use of set top boxes and future Internet services.
• RG-6 quad-shield coaxial cable to enable the delivery of high-end video such as DSS, digital cable and high-definition television (HDTV), and Internet TV.
• High-performance 360 conical crimp F-connectors for terminating RG-6 coaxial cable.