The Governors' Wind Energy Coalition recently released "Great Expectations: U.S. Wind Energy Development, the Governors' Wind Energy Coalition's 2010 Recommendations."
The recommendations call for the following actions by both Congress and the Obama Administration:
- Adopt a renewable electricity standard.
- Develop new interstate electric transmission system infrastructure as needed to provide access to premier renewable energy resources both on-shore and offshore.
- Fully support coastal, deep water, and offshore wind energy technology and transmission research and development.
- Streamline permitting processes for both offshore and on-shore wind energy development projects.
- Expand the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) work with the states and the wind industry to accelerate innovation.
- Extend the treasury department grant program in lieu of the investment tax credit and adopt a long-term renewable energy production tax credit with provisions to broaden the pool of eligible investors.
To read the entire recommendations text, visit the coalition's Web site.