When a plumbing contractor installed flexible corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) in a livestock barn in order to supply propane to ceiling-mounted heaters, he had no reason to envision the tragedy that would ultimately unfold. Little did he know that three years later, a high-voltage electric utility wiring short circuit nearby (approximately 500 ft from the barn) would cause the tubing to perforate and ignite combustibles in the ceiling area of the barn, starting a fire that resulted ...

Website Registration Required to Access this Content

Only registered users have access to Silver content. 

Registration on EC&M allows you exclusive access to high value content centered around proprietary research, expert NEC analysis and in-depth technical procedures.

Already registered? here.