Raleigh, NC (June 4, 2002) – Invensys Powerware, a global supplier of comprehensive powering solutions, is now shipping the Powerwareâ Expansion Chassis. The Expansion Chassis increases communication methods for Powerware Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPSs) through its support for X-slotä cards. The new expansion chassis will be featured in Booth #22546 at Supercomm in Atlanta, Georgia on June 4-6, 2002.
The Expansion Chassis comes pre-configured with the Powerware Modbusâ Card. The Modbus Card serves as the communications controller for the two additional slots. Together with included Profiler software package, it also provides a means of integration into a Building Management System (BMS). Facilities managers can monitor power conditions in real-time through the configuration.
The two additional slots may be used with any of the following cards:
· ConnectUPSä-X SNMP/Web Adapter – monitor power via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) or the Web
· ConnectUPS-M SNMP Module – monitor via SNMP
· Single Port Serial Card – connect an additional server for monitoring and graceful shutdown
· Multi-Server Card – connect up to three servers for monitoring and graceful shutdown. The card supports load segment control and RS-232 signals for low battery and AC Fail.
· Modbus Card – connect to another Modbus Network, monitor via Building Management System
With the Expansion Chassis, network and facilities managers can choose the means for monitoring critical power parameters that matches their existing, preferred communication method.
The Expansion Chassis supports a wide range of Powerware UPSs. The kit includes brackets for wall rack mounting. It also may be installed on or near the UPS on its included feet.
To increase communications availability, the chassis has redundant power inputs. The unit remains operational despite a power interruption on the primary input.
The Powerware Expansion Chassis is priced at $599. This price includes the Powerware Modbus Card.
For more information on Invensys Powerware products and services including the Powerware Modbus Card, visit our website at www.powerware.com