The Professional Electrical Apparatus Recyclers League is an American National Standards Institute developer of reconditioning standards for returning electrical equipment to safe and reliable service.
The Professional Electrical Apparatus Recyclers League (PEARL) is an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) developer of reconditioning standards for returning electrical equipment to safe and reliable service. PEARL is a source for the compilation and development of these procedures. Now, PEARL is seeking qualified individuals to review and provide input and comment on new standards and any revision to a standard.
Reuse of electrical equipment has manifold and significant benefits, including but not limited to making it easier and faster to find replacements for older and obsolete electrical equipment. Often, in-use electrical products are no longer supported or available from the original manufacturers. This reuse offers benefits that are both economic and environmental.
PEARL's goal is to develope a single set of consensus technical standards for reconditioning electrical equipment used in industrial and commercial installations and accepted by a pool of industry professionals and stakeholders
To this end, PEARL is seeking qualified individuals to review and provide input and comment on new standards and any revision to a standard. These individuals will have expertise and knowledge of inspecting, testing and reconditioning electrical equipment used in industrial and commercial facilities. Qualified particpants are needed in five categories:
- Electrical Equipment Recylcler
- General Interest
If you are interested in participating in this process, the following provides additional details about the PEARL/ANSI Ballot Pool. A link to the PEARL ANSI Ballot Pool Application is at the end of this page.
PEARL/ANSI Ballot Pool expectations with your involvement
- There will be no travel or face-to-face meetings. Communications and voting will be done via e-mail or regular mail.
- Ballot Pool members will be asked to review and provide input and comment on new standards and any revision to a standard. This will follow the ANSI process.
- After each member reviews the document, they will be asked to vote Approve without Comment, Approve with Comment, Negative (comments mandatory), or Abstain (with or without stated reason for abstention).
- Comments must be submitted with section references and thorough rationale to be eligible for consideration by the PEARL Technical Committee.
- Technical comments received during balloting and public review shall be acknowledged when received, and the originator shall be advised, in writing, of the disposition of the comments.
- All reasonable attempts shall be made to resolve the negative ballot or comment.
- When the results of the reported continuing view and objections show a consensus in favor of approval of the proposed standard, PEARL will proceed toward approval of the standard and its preparation for publication.
What does a participant receive in return?
- In serving on the Ballot Pool, you will benefit in your stature with contributing to the development of standards and direction for the reconditioning of electrical equipment.
- The published standard will list all Ballot Pool members as serving in this capacity.
- Your participation involves you in the creation of standards that affect your industry.
How to participate
For consideration as a member of the Ballot Pool, application must be completed and submitted to the PEARL office. Applicants will be reviewed and considered by the PEARL Technical Committee. Appointment to the Ballot Pool will be based on applicant's qualifications and opening in each classification (User, Electrical Equipment Recycler, Producer/OEM, Government/Inspector, General Interest).