What is in this article?:
This high luminance point source provides excellent optical efficiency in a variety of lamp/ballast configurations
SIDEBAR 3: Benefits of Ceramic Metal-Halide (CMH) Lamps
• Highly controllable point source of light
• Wide range of wattages from 15W to 400W in elliptical, tubular, linear single and
double ended, and reflector shapes.
• Recent technology advances in medium-wattage ceramic MH enable 24,000-hour
rated life, CRI up to 94, and luminous efficacies of 120 lm/W.
• Consistent color over life, with two color temperatures (3,000K and 4,200K).
• High lumen maintenance (near 90%).
• CCTs range from 1,800K to 10,000K.
• Smaller and lighter than comparable SSL systems.
• Universal burning position for most lamp types.