Grounding Help Needed for Computers with 2-Plug Switches

2 replies [Last post]
aniee's picture

Hi, 

I am from Pakisitan. Most of my full house sockets have 2 holes in it. I need help with the computer. My computer gives me slight electric shocks from the CPU, the mouse connected to CPU, and keyboard. When I connect the laptop, the symptoms appear. Please help me. How can I ground the PC with 2 socket switches? Do I need to open it?

Thanks

Sparky43207's picture

Hi aniee. I don't know what type of power distribution system you are using at your location but that is inconsequential. You should not be receiving a shock from the case of the CPU under any circumstances. If there is a potential on the case, this is a sign of a shorted circuit in the CPU. Correcting that would be my first priority. Good luck.

user-820532's picture

I live in an old house on Molokai, HI. The power line-in goes to a non-conductive fiberglass box on the outside of the dwelling. It is a 2-wire system with no apparent ground. I have installed an isolated receptacle in my computer lab that I have grounded with a rod in the earth. I have been told that if the electric company investigates they will cease service until my house is up-to-code...which may cost thousands of dollars. Are there any suggestions for this situation?

Thank you for responding.
Kali

Please or Register to post comments.

What you need to know?

1. Forum Rules 2. Forum Login

Featured Video

Join the Discussion on EC&M Talk
EC&M Learning Center

Connect With Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×