bathroom conundrum and outlet

1 reply [Last post]
chessimprov's picture

I wrote on this topic earlier, but placed it in the wrong category.  It should have been put in this one. The thread is here.
ecmweb.com/forums/electrical-equipment-systems/lighting-lighting-controls/bathroom-light-conundrum

I also wanted to ask about suggestions about an outlet with 2 plug options which no longer works.  It just went out one time, and I saw nothing out of place.  It just happened one day.  Is there anything simple or "simple" I can check on my own, or is this an electrician job?  How much should I expect to pay approximately for such a fix?  Thank you.

analog's picture

Sigh...there are socket testers. When you fiddled around with your lamp socket using a metal wrench, you most likely set off the GFCI and that set the breaker to OFF. Most of the time they look like they are still "ON", so go out to your panel, switch the bathroom power OFF, then to the ON position again. You cannot tell if "anything was amiss" by LOOKING at it. And stop putting metal things into electrical things or where they are not supposed to go. The ONLY thing you should be sticking in a light fixture is a light bulb. You are lucky you were not shocked. There is no way to find out a ball park figure for electricians on this site, you have to actually make a call and ask one.

Please or Register to post comments.

What you need to know?

1. Forum Rules 2. Forum Login

Featured Video

Join the Discussion on EC&M Talk
EC&M Learning Center

Connect With Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×