A fire from nearby portable toilets and hand washing stations damaged electrical wiring on a light tower at the campus of Marshall University in Huntington, W. Va. early Monday morning. Structural and electrical engineers are examining the pole in particular, and the light tower in general at the Joan C. Edwards Stadium.

According to the Charleston Gazette-Mail, "the fire that reached the tower was intentionally set. The fire did not damage the large electrical box at the base of the tower, but did ignite the wires and insulation that go up on the exterior of the pole. The fire left scorch marks on the electrical box, the one pole, and the upper facade of the stadium’s east side."

Electricity was turned off at the stadium and nearby buildings, but was restored gradually in the early afternoon.