August Editorial Highlights
Ad Close: July 23
Special Report: Impact of the Internet of Things on the Electrical Industry
Experts estimate that the Internet of Things (IoT) will consist of almost 50 billion objects by 2020. That’s a pretty significant network of objects or things connected within the existing Internet infrastructure. The promise of technological advancements surrounding this global concept have already been seen in smart buildings, lighting and control, and automation to name a few areas. But what does this trend really mean for electrical professionals? Although many of the IoT devices will be low voltage, savvy electrical contractors and installers will inevitably be able to carve out new revenue streams in this space. This piece will address what’s happened so far in the realization of IoT as it relates to the electrical industry, what is on the horizon for our readers, and what experts foresee as actual next steps as IoT evolves from concept to reality.
- Avoiding Electrical Busway Vulnerabilities
- Combating the Engineering Labor Shortage
- NEC Guidelines for Transformer and Transformer Feeder Protection
- Market Insider (Power Market)
- Service Secrets (Tips for Residential Service Contractors)
- Tech Training
- Code Applications (Critical Operations Power Systems)
- Code Basics (Dwelling Unit Calculations)
- Code Quandaries
- Illustrated Catastrophes
- What's Wrong Here?