NEMA, SASCO, DuPont, Power Efficiency Corp.
- The Web Marketing Association has awarded NEMA’s Web site with the 2005 Standard of Excellence Web Award. More than 2,000 sites from 33 countries were entered in the competition.
- Santa Anna, Calif.-based electrical contractor SASCO is now offering turnkey D/B electrical services around the country. For more information about these services, contact the electrical and data contractor’s vice president of global sales, John Spree, at (800) 477-4422, ext. 340.
- DuPont Abandoned Cable Services announces the DuPont Motorsports Cable Points Challenge for Contractors. Any registered contractor firm recycling end-of-life copper cables with DuPont will earn points redeemable for Motorsports prizes, including the grand prize, a trip to a 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race and a chance to meet Jeff Gordon.
- Las Vegas-based Power Efficiency Corp. has partnered with Keltech-Efficient Power Solutions, Ltd., Ontario, to offer energy-saving products for industrial applications, such as conveyor belt systems, air compressors, and agitator and mixers. The partnership will focus on markets in Canada, a signatory to the Kyoto Treaty.
- Siemens Power Generation has agreed to manufacture, install, and commission its 2.3MW Mk II wind turbines for FPL Energy. Delivery of the turbines is scheduled for 2006 to support the expansion of wind-driven electricity generation projects at the Miami-based utility.