Osram Sylvania, Palmer Electric Co., Control4 Energy Systems
- Osram Sylvania, Danvers, Mass., has commenced a lawsuit in Canada against Canadian lighting distributors Lakefront Lighting, Cobourg, Ontario, and Luxlite, Mississauga, Ontario, for selling and offering to sell electrodeless induction lamps that are alleged to infringe Osram Sylvania’s Canadian Patent No. 2,185,267. The action was filed in Canadian Federal Court in Ottawa, Ontario.
- The commercial division of Palmer Electric Co., Winter Park, Fla., has completed its $1.2 million electrical contracting contract for a new Residence Inn by Marriott in Lake Mary, Fla. Palmer Electric provided site and building electrical for the six-story, 84,000-sq-ft extended-stay hotel.
- Santa Clara, Calif.-based Control 4 Energy Systems has been selected as the home area network (HAN) provider for Bastrop, Texas-based utility Bluebonnet Electric Cooperative. Serving more than 65,000 members in 14 counties between Austin and Houston, Bluebonnet plans to begin integrating smart grid technology in its members’ homes and businesses by April 2010.
- Paramount Equity, Roseville, Calif., has launched a new solar energy division designed to help customers use renewable energy and save money on utility costs. The new division, Paramount Energy Solutions, provides financing options that make solar systems affordable for homeowners.
- Los Angeles-based Platinum Equity has signed a definitive agreement to purchase controlling interest in the Montreal-basedAlcan Cable, a division of Rio Tinto, London. The transaction is expected to be completed in the next several weeks, pending the completion of closing conditions.