Itron, Fluke Electronics, Southwire
- Spokane, Wash.-based Itron, Inc. recently agreed to provide the U.S. Department of the Navy with metering technology and energy management software to support the U.S. Navy’s energy resources at its bases. Under the energy efficiency requirements in sections 101-107 and 109 of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, federal facilities must reduce energy usage by 20% by 2015.
- Everett, Wash.-based Fluke Electronics Corp. has recently agreed to acquire Infrared Solutions, Plymouth, Minn., a provider of portable thermography products. Infrared Solutions designs, manufactures, and sells a variety of thermal imaging products, including the IR FlexCam and IR InSight.
- Southwire Co. announced it has signed an agreement to acquire the wire and cable assets of Essex Electrical Products, including its plant in Florence, Ala. In the next 15 months, Southwire plans to invest at least $250 million in new equipment and capital related to building wire and MC cable.
- El Segundo, Calif.-based Data Display Products has launched its Power-Line LEDs Web site. The site’s features include product descriptions, online ordering, and lamp cross-reference.
- Thompson Technology Industries, Inc., San Rafael, Calif., now offers a line of solar photovotaic products, including roof, flush, and pole mount-rack systems. For more information, visit Thompson Technology’s Web site.