CLS, Fluke, AccelRate Power Systems
- New England-based CLS recently celebrated the grand opening of its new 100,000-square-foot Westwood, Mass. headquarters/sales/distribution center. The company invited more than 150 electrical contractors from the greater Boston area for a facility tour and a tailgate party.
- Fluke recently announced the acquisition of LEM Instruments, a European manufacturer of test and measurement equipment, such as earth/ground testers, insulation testers, low-resistance ohmmeters, clamp meters, and power-quality analyzers. With the acquisition, the company hopes to increase its presence in the world power quality market.
- AccelRate Power Systems recently released a new corporate overview based on the company’s success in commercializing its high-speed battery charging technology for the industrial market. The overview includes information like market prospects and strategies; customer value proposition; battery chemistries, applications and demand; and industry observations.
- Founded in 1955, this year marks Electri-Flex’s 50th anniversary in the flexible electrical conduit industry. The company recently expanded its facilities with a 64,000-square-foot building that’s designed to handle distribution and warehousing.
- Siemens Energy and Automation recently donated $250,000 to the NAED Education & Research Foundation. For its contribution, the company will be recognized at the guarantor level and have a permanent position on the Channel Advantage Partnership Council, which will help select future educational programs and research projects.
- The Point of Purchase Advertising Institute recently gave Leviton Manufacturing the 2005 Bronze Outstanding Merchandising Award for its newest Dimmer Demonstrator Display. The interactive lighting controls display features an assortment of the company’s dimmers as well as a wall-mounted passive infrared occupancy sensor wall switch unit.