VYCON, Fort Worth Electric, Pentadyne Power
- Underwriter’s Laboratories recently certified VYCON direct connect flywheel energy storage systems as meeting its UL508 Industrial Control Equipment standards and UL1004 Electric Motors standards. The company got the stamp of approval for both the United States and Canadian markets.
- Fort Worth Electric recently moved into a new downtown location in Fort Worth. The company’s president said the move was to accommodate growing business.
- Pentadyne Power recently entered into a distribution agreement with South Korea-based Ehwa Technologies Information (ETI). Under the terms of the agreement, ETI will now make Pentadyne’s voltage support solution available with many of its own UPS models.
- RIDGID recently extended the deadline for signing up for its lifetime service agreement on all power tools and pneumatic nailers and staplers to Sept. 30, 2005. The agreement provides free service and parts on normal wear items, including batteries and O-rings, for the original tool purchased.
- The Engineering Society of Detroit recently awarded Troy, Mich.-based Peter Basso Associates the Construction and Design award for the work it did on Compuware’s new headquarters building. The award was given to those projects that exhibited outstanding team achievement and integrated innovative technologies.
- Grainger recently opened a new, expanded showroom at the company’s Lenexa, Kan., branch. The 2,500-square-foot showroom is one of several enhancements the company is making to its branch network in the Kansas City area.