Palmer Electric, Protek Power, EYP MCF
- The residential division of Winter Park, Fla.-based Palmer Electric Co. has secured a contract with Toll Brothers for building electrical, low-voltage systems, and fixtures for Fairway Villas at Providence in Providence, Fla. The town home project comprises 202, two-story, luxury villas with golf course views and is scheduled for completion in December.
- Protek Power North America recently opened its new Hudson, Mass.-based facility. The Hudson facility will provide sales and technical engineering support, as well custom product design engineering, on-site diagnostic testing, and warehousing.
- Albany, N.Y.-based EYP Mission Critical Facilities (EYP MCF) has been selected as the lead design firm for the National Center for Supercomputing Applications’ (NCSA) new petascale computing building at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. This facility will be home to the world's most powerful leadership-class" supercomputer, supported by Track 1 supercomputer funding from the National Science Foundation.
- Palmdale, Calif.-based U.S. Architectural Lighting has launched a new Electrical Contractor-Partner Program that provides a wide range of benefits for participants, including immediate cash-back factory rebates on every product purchased. For more information about how to join the Electrical Contractor Program and the benefits, contact U.S. Architectural Lighting at (800) 877-6537.
- Memphis, Tenn.-based Thomas & Betts Corp. recently completed its strategic assessment of the plastic pipe business acquired in conjunction with the company’s recent purchase of Lamson & Sessions Co. As a result of this evaluation, the company has decided to divest its portfolio of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) conduit, duct, and pressure pipe.