TUV America, Bob Moore Construction, Vycon, Cablofil, Lutron Electronics, Southwire
- OSHA recently approved the addition of 44 new standards to Danvers, Mass.-based TUV America’s Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory scope of accreditation. This raises TUV’s number of accreditations to 61 and qualifies the company to certify a majority of consumer electrical products.
- Arlington, Texas-based Bob Moore Construction Co. has completed construction on the 300,000-square-foot Riverpark 300 commercial building, and the 55,000-square-foot finish-out of Miller Electric’s regional distribution and training center. Both projects are located in Forth Worth, Texas.
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has issued a patent to Cerritos, Calif.-based Vycon, Inc. for its flywheel energy storage system. The patent, “Energy Storage Flywheel with Minimum Power Magnetic Bearings and Motor/Generator,” identifies a combination of magnetic bearing technologies, high-speed permanent magnet motor/generation technologies, and an aerospace-grade steel flywheel construction for energy storage as the proprietary properties of the system.
- Cablofil, Inc. recently received the International Organization for Standardization 9001:2000 Certificate of Registration. The award was presented to the Mascoutah, Ill.-based company for its system for manufacturing wire mesh cable tray in compliance with international standards.
- Four new products from Coopersburg, Pa.-based Lutron Electronics Co. will be included in the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America’s 2005 Progress Report. Lutron’s EcoSystem fluorescent lighting controls, Receptacle for Dimming Use, Fixture Mountable Daylight Sensor, and Sivoia QED shade system will be included in the report, scheduled for publication in the October issue of LD+A, the society’s monthly publication.
- Carrollton, Ga.-based wire and cable provider Southwire Co. recently announced its acquisition of Decorp, Inc.. Southwire plans to use its marketing and distribution networks to bring the Henderson, Tenn.-based wire manufacturer’s FlatWire-ready technology to a larger market.