Palmer Electric, Littlefuse, Doster, Color Kinetics, Guarantee Electrical, Power Efficiency
- Trovillion Construction & Development has chosen Winter Park, Fla.-based Palmer Electric Co. to provide site and building electrical contracting services for The Langford, a complex of 31 luxury condominiums ranging from 1,734 square feet to 4,000 square feet.
- Littlefuse added to its electronic, automotive, and electrical business units with the acquisition of the Wickmann Group and its Wickmann, Efen, and Pudenz brand of circuit protection products, including the TR5 and TE5 subminiature fuses, from Heinrich Industrie, Essen, Germany.
- Birmingham, Ala.-based Doster Construction Co. has broken ground on the $2.4 million addition to the Pinnacle Foods Group, Inc.’s food processing facility in Jackson, Tenn. Plans for the new construction include equipment mezzanines, six new truck docks, and employee parking.
- Color Kinetics, Inc., Boston, Mass., has joined the Next Generation Lighting Industry Alliance (NGLIA), administered by NEMA. In partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy, the NGLIA seeks to promote solid-state lighting as an energy-conserving technology.
- Two years after acquiring Kimsey Electrical Contracting, now Guarantee Electrical Contracting of Denver, the company that provided electrical maintenance at the Valero Oil Refinery in Wilmington, Calif., St. Louis-based Guarantee Electrical has opened its first office in California. The electrical contractors hopes the new branch, located in Benicia, will bring in revenue ranging from $3 to $5 million its first year.
- Las Vegas-based manufacturer of soft start motor controllers, Power Efficiency Corp. received a boost in capital in the form of $2.43 million in equity financing. Under the offering’s terms, more than 12 million shares of common stock and 6 million warrants were recently issued to investors.