- San Rafael, Calif.-based Autodesk Inc. completed the acquisition of NavisWorks for a purchase price of $26 million, plus a working capital adjustment. This acquisition extends Autodesk's 3D software leadership in the architecture, engineering, construction (AEC), shipbuilding, and plant design industries.
- Clearwater, Fla.-based Metal Industries Inc. recently joined the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). By joining the council, the company hopes to re-enforce the environmentally friendly efforts already being made in its plant, as well as reduce the energy consumption of the products it produces, such as its HVAC brands, which include Metalaire, Prefco, and USAire.
- Dallas-based Crawford Electric Supply, a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, recently opened branches in College Station and Austin, the electrical distributor’s fifth and sixth locations in Texas. Both the College Station and Austin branches are approximately 50,000 square-feet.
- Jesco Lighting, Glendale, N.Y., recently formed a specialized hospitality sales division. The division, led by Mark L. Gardiner, will focus on product lines for hotel, restaurant, and themed-venue applications.
- Los Gatos, Calif.-based Akeena Solar Inc. has begun operations in Palm Springs, Calif. This location marks the fifth new office the designer and installer of solar power systems has opened this year.