Eliminate guesswork. Ensure that a qualified person supervises putting it up and taking it down
Some safety tips for erecting scaffolding include:
- Eliminate guesswork. Ensure that a qualified person supervises putting it up and taking it down.
- Use sufficient structure for the load. Scaffolding must be able to support its own weight and at least four times the maximum intended load.
- Ensure adequate footing. Erect scaffolds on rigid, solid footings. Don't use unstable objects to support scaffold frames or planks.
- Protect sides and ends. On any scaffold platform taller than 10 ft, install guardrails and toe boards on open sides and ends.
- Use other accessories, as necessary. Examples include base plates and mud sills.