A few basic rules for hand tools
A few basic rules for hand tools:
- Good workmanship requires good tools, and so does safety. Clean and inspect your tools after each use so they are ready for the next use.
- Count all tools used for any given space before entering and after exiting. This is how you prevent the "someone left a wrench across two phases, but we didn't know that when we energized" problem.
- Carry tools in a tool pouch, not in your pocket.
- Screwdrivers are for driving screws; pry bars are for prying things apart.
- Using socket extensions for any kind of impact work can cause them to shatter; respect them accordingly.