At your facility, is the scenario for repairing heat tracing something like this?
- Walk out to the piping and look.
- Walk back to the shop to get a few tools.
- Walk back to the piping.
- Make a roundtrip for a tool you forgot.
- Make a roundtrip to get your DMM.
- Take some measurements.
- Walk back inside for break time.
All this walking back and forth wastes time. The solution is to keep a heat tracing repair checklist (specific to the protected equipment) in your CMMS. By preparing for the job with this list, the repair tech can walk once to the piping and once back.