The High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition (HPBCCC) has issued a report that focuses on federal buildings as principal targets to incorporate characteristics of high-performance buildings. The report, "Producing High-Performance Federal Buildings," was delivered to members of Congress as a guide for upcoming legislation.
Components of this report include requirements for:
- True life-cycle analysis and decision-making for the acquisition of federal buildings
- Total building commissioning for the federal building stock
- Integrated project delivery, including whole building design, procurement, and construction, for federal buildings
- Building information modeling (BIM) and support building data interoperability for federal buildings
- Comprehensive education and training and higher levels of competence in the federal building design, property management, operations and maintenance, and procurement communities
- Collection, storage, dissemination, and utilization for federal building performance data