The Emerge Alliance, an open industry association leading the rapid adoption of safe direct-current (DC) power distribution standards for commercial buildings,recently announced a new wave of organizations joining the Alliance. The newest members of the EMerge Alliance include:
- GE Energy, Participating Member
- Intel Corporation, Participating Member
- Universal Electric Corporation, Starline DC Solutions, Participating Member
- PulseStar Technologies, Participating Member (upgrade)
- Power-One, General Member
- NextEnergy Center , Corresponding Member
- Dynamic Supplier Alignment, Supporting Member
Since its launch in 2008, the Alliance completed the development of the first EMerge Alliance Standard for occupied spaces in its first year, released nearly 50 EMerge Alliance Registered products and started a new effort focused on incorporating DC microgrids in data and telecommunications centers. With more than 15 demonstration sites in data centers and commercial interiors across the country, the Alliance is committed to educating the market on the benefits of DC power applications throughout various platforms.
The EMerge Alliance is accepting new members at various levels, with ongoing opportunities to be involved in standards development, product registration and system applications.