Mike Holt

Code Q&A
Q. Can Table 310.15(B)(6) be used to size service conductors for a duplex?
Stumped by the Code? 1
Q. Is GFCI protection required for a single-phase, 208V, 30A coffee maker receptacle in a commercial kitchen?
Code Q&A
Q. When determining the placement for receptacles in a dwelling, is the wall space behind a door required to be considered?
Code Q&A
Q. Am I required to install the secondary circuit conductors of a low-voltage lighting system (less than 30V) in a raceway or cable like power conductors?
Article 700: Emergency Systems 1
Essentially, emergency systems are lifelines for people, and Art. 700 is all about keeping those lifelines from breaking. The Article's main goal is to
Code Q&A
Q. Does the NEC specifically state that a generator must be grounded to the earth if its wiring is connected to the premises via a transfer switch that does not open the neutral?
Code Q&A
Q. Can the service disconnect be located within 5 feet of a pool or hot tub?
Power to the Pump 3
One of the principal NEC requirements for circuit protection is that you shut down the equipment rather than let supply conductors melt from overload.
Stumped by the Code? 1
Q. I have six 18-foot metal poles to install in a parking area. Is a ground rod required at each pole? If not, then why do some people insist that they are required?
Code Q&A 1
Q. Can an air duct be installed directly above an electrical panel?
Code Q&A
Q. Can recessed or surface-mounted lighting fixtures be supported by securing them to the suspended ceiling grid, or must they be independently supported from the building structure?
Exploring Requirements for Information Technology Equipment
If you've ever seen a shutoff switch located just outside an information technology (IT) room, you may have wondered who in their right mind would install
Code Q&A
Q. What is the minimum burial depth requirement for residential service lateral conductors installed in rigid nonmetallic conduit?
Code Q&A
Q. Can we install coaxial cables inside the duct work of an existing building?
Stumped by the Code?
Q. When wiring a circuit breaker, does the Code require supply conductors to terminate to the top (line side) of the breaker?
Join the Discussion on EC&M Talk

EC&M Learning Center


Newsletter Signup

Connect With Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×