Mike Holt

Articles by Mike Holt
Code Q&A 1
Q. If I run PVC between the meter and service disconnect, is an equipment grounding conductor required?
Stumped by the Code?
Do I need a grounding conductor for a pole light, or is the ground rod good enough?
Code Q&A
Q. Is there a Code rule that says you cannot store items in the electrical room?
Code Q&A
Q. What are the bonding requirements for transformers?
Code Q&A
How many feet of track lighting can I install on a 20A circuit?
Stumped by the Code? January 2010
Q. Do I need a grounding conductor for a pole light, or is the ground rod good enough?
Commercial Loads — Part 1 1
The electrical load requirements for commercial installations result in a great deal of diversity in usage.
Code Q&A
Q. Are AFCIs required for light fixtures and smoke alarms?
Code Q&A
Q. I recently saw a service disconnect that was being used as a conduit for two feeder circuits. Is this legal?
Multifamily Dwelling Unit Service and Feeder Calculations
How to calculate the service for a single-family or a multifamily dwelling
Code Q&A
Q. I need to run a feeder to a pool house panel. What are the wiring methods required for this type of installation?
Code Q&A
When are tamper-resistant receptacles required?
Dwelling Unit Calculations 3
Apply demand factors for correct load calculations
Code Quandaries, November 2009
Q. Is it legal to splice conductors in an "LB" fitting?
Code Q&A
Q. Can I install a panel in the clothes closet of a house if the working space of 110.26 is maintained?
Join the Discussion on EC&M Talk

EC&M Learning Center


Newsletter Signup


Search 3.8+ million listings
Connect With Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×