Mike Holt

Code Q&A
Q. I have a building that has two services from the utility. Do I have to use the same grounding system for both?
Code Quandaries
Q. Can I connect the neutral conductor to the equipment-grounding terminal at both the transformer and the first disconnect?
Article 600: Electric Signs and Outline Lighting 1
Every commercial occupancy needs a form of identification, the standard method of which is typically the electric sign. This is one reason why you'll be working with Art. 600 if you do much commercial or industrial work.
Code Q&A
Q. Can the lights in a dwelling unit bathroom be on the same circuit as the bathroom receptacles?
Code Q&A
Q. Can a 2-pole snap switch be used to switch a 277V and 120V circuit?
Code Quandaries
What are the requirements for installing isolated ground receptacles?
Article 450: Transformers and Transformer Vaults 1
The operation of any facility depends on power distribution, which, in turn, depends on transformers. Safe and reliable operation of transformers is crucial
Code Q&A
Q. I was told that a back-fed breaker needs to be bolted into the panel. Is this correct?
Code Q&A
Q. Does the NEC require a connection of a parking lot lighting pole to a ground rod?
Code Quandaries
Q. What size THHN conductor is required for a 320A 3-phase feeder load for commercial office buildings?
Article 424: Fixed Electric Space Heating
Considering the fact that it has nine parts, at first glance, Art. 424 might seem like overkill for a device as simple as a heater. Walk into any hardware
Code Q&A
Q. Is GFCI protection required for drinking water fountains in office buildings?
Code Q&A
Q. A 400A service is made up of two 200A main breaker panelboards that are nippled together. Can the service conductors pass through one of the cabinets to supply the other panelboard?
Grounding and Bonding of Separately Derived Systems
Separately derived systems (SDSs) include most transformers as well as any generator or UPS supplying a transfer switch that opens the neutral conductor.
Code Q&A
Q. What are the NEC requirements for the installation of smoke detectors in dwelling units?

EC&M Learning Center


Newsletter Signup

Connect With Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×