Mike Holt

NEC Trainer / Consultant,
Mike Holt Enterprises

Mike earned a masters degree in the Business Administration Program (MBA) from the University of Miami. He earned his reputation as a National Electrical Code (NEC) expert by working his way up through the electrical trade. Formally a construction editor for two different trade publications, Mike started his career as an apprentice electrician and eventually became a master electrician, an electrical inspector, a contractor, and an educator. Since 1975, he has provided custom in-house seminars for groups such as IAEI, NECA, ICBO, IBM, AT&T, Motorola, and the U.S. Navy. Mike has taught more than 1,000 classes on 30 different electrical-related subjects — ranging from alarm installations to exam preparation and voltage drop calculations. He continues to develop seminars, videos, books, and software as well as contributing monthly Code content to EC&M magazine.

Pool Circulation and Sanitation Systems 1
The requirements for permanently installed pools are outlined in Part II of Art. 680.
General Requirements in Hazardous (Classified) Locations
General requirements for electrical and electronic equipment installed in hazardous (classified) locations can be found in Sec. 500.4 of Art. 500.
Approved Uses of Neutral Conductors
Article 200 focuses on the use and identification of grounded conductors.
Is a SPD the Same as a TVSS? 2
Article 285 covers general requirements and installation & connection requirements for SPDs permanently installed on premises wiring systems 1kV or less.
Testing Legally Required Standby Systems
Article 701 provisions apply to the electrical safety of the installation, operation, and maintenance of legally required standby systems.
NEC Definition of Hospital
The requirements of Art. 517 apply to electrical construction and installation criteria in health care facilities that provide services to human beings.
Space Separation Between Resistors and Reactors
Article 470 covers the installation of separate resistors and reactors on electrical circuits.
Electric Clothes Dryer Loads
The requirements for calculating branch-circuit, feeder, and service loads are outlined in Art. 220.
Edison-base Fuseholder Requirements
Part V of Article 240 focuses on the requirements for plug fuses, fuseholders and adapters.
Disconnecting Means Requirements for X-Ray Equipment
Article 660 covers all X-ray equipment operating at any frequency or voltage for industrial or other non-medical or non-dental use.
Thermal Protection of Fixed Electric Heating Equipment
Article 427 requirements apply to electrically energized heating systems and the installation of these systems used with pipelines or vessels.
Temporary Wiring in Assembly Occupancies
Article 518 covers the requirements for all buildings or portions of buildings where people gather for purposes such as deliberation, worship, entertainment, eating, drinking, amusement, awaiting transportation, or similar purposes.
Bend Radius Restrictions for Type MC Cable
Article 330 covers the use, installation, and construction specifications of metal-clad cable, Type MC.
Code Q&A: Use of Flexible Cords 
Q. What is the general rule that limits the use of flexible cords for the connection of appliances?
Electrical Testing Feed
Join the Discussion on EC&M Talk

EC&M Webinars
Nov 9, 2016

Technology Enabled Data Center Life Cycle Services

This webinar will discuss the benefits of cloud connected data center monitoring, different levels of monitoring and the potential effects on availability and efficiency....More
Nov 2, 2016

There is More to a Data Center than White Space; A Holistic Approach to Facility Monitoring and Control

This webinar will discuss the benefits of cloud connected data center monitoring, different levels of monitoring and the potential effects on availability and efficiency....More
EC&M Learning Center

Connect With Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×