Three children were shocked at Florida condominium community pool last week as a result of "shoddy" electrical work. The children spent several nights in the hospital after being shocked at the Palm West Condo pool in Hialeah.

According to a report Local10.com, a green ground wire on the pool pump was disconnected. The building inspectors' report said that when the pump malfunctioned, the electricity wasn't directed into the ground. Instead, it energized the water the pump was pushing back into the pool.

Police pictures back up the inspector's report, Local10.com said, which stated several pieces of pool and lighting equipment were incorrectly wired, suffered from severe corrosion or damage, or were improperly spliced. "What's more, the shoddy work should have been caught by the city's electrical inspector, except the city didn't know the work had been done. That's because the property owner never pulled a permit," the news report read.

For police photos, see "Shoddy electrical work lead to 3 kids' injuries at a pool in Hialeah, police say."