A fault in the electrical system caused a warehouse fire at a sausage plan in Santo, Texas, on March 25. The fire started in the plant's rear distribution center and was fueled by cardboard and paper. No injuries were reported, thankfully, but about 30,000 square feet was destroyed or damaged.

According to a report by the Mineral Wells Index, insurance adjusters planned to have electrical engineers study the plant's wiring and machinery to determine if electrical systems were working properly.

Two men were working at the plant when the fire was reported at 4:30 a.m. By the time the first units from Santo Volunteer Fire Department arrived, flames were shooting from a west side vent at the top of the structure and a shipping door. Fifteen fire departments and 50 to 60 firefighters responded from Palo Pinto, Erath and even Jack counties, with the Jacksboro and Tolar fire departments sending ladder trucks, the Mineral Wells Index reported.

The Kennedy's Sausage plant had relocated in 2011 to a former livestock sale barn, in which the company renovated.

by the time the first units from Santo Volunteer Fire Department arrived, flames were shooting from a west side vent at the top of the structure and a shipping door.

Harwell said 15 fire departments and 50-60 firefighters responded from Palo Pinto, Erath and even Jack counties, with the Jacksboro and Tolar fire departments sending ladder trucks.

- See more at: http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/topstory/x787232967/Sausage-plant-burns#sthash.6ufz4C26.dpuf
if electrical systems were operating correctly