About 37,000 chickens were killed in the fire that was traced back to an electrical panel.
An electrical malfunction started a two-alarm fire at a chicken house near Brickerville, Pennsylvania on Tuesday. About 37,000 chickens were killed in the fire that was traced back to an electrical panel. However, an exact cause could not be determined because of the extent of the damage.
The fire was reported at 12:30 p.m. on April 29, and damage was estimated to be at about $200,000 according to a report from Lancaster Online.
Brickerville Fire Chief Jeff Strauss said the western end of a 50-foot-by-500-foot chicken house was engulfed in flames when he arrived. Fire crews launched an "aggressive" effort and contained the blaze, which burned about 100 feet into the building, according to the chief. (Lancaster Online)